Home Alone
I have three days to myself. I really need them. All kinds of company for a week pre- and post-wedding. Lots of grand-kid company. It's been very hot here and they are always hungry so water and snacks are in order everywhere. My youngest son's family took the younger kids camping for a week but the three older girls are all working. None of them drive yet so they've been hanging out with the grandmas' and going home to for a change of clothes and to feed the critters. A neighbor took the horse so that worked out. Besides who would leave two 16 year olds and a 17 yo home alone anyway. Many years ago I went to my Dad's for the weekend and left my youngest Dave (17 at the time) son home alone. He threw a party that went so cross-ways he called the police himself.
I went out to dinner and to see "Antony and Cleopatra" with my eldest son Chris in anticipation of not seeing him at all for awhile. After he and his girl split he's been my company for assorted plays here. He has been out of work for a long time. Making rent and so on with short term labor, and labor it's been, mostly mechanical stuff, summer in a farming community. Twelve hour days but good pay and tons of overtime but only 3-4 weeks at a time. He got a full-time permanent job and yesterday or I should say last night, was his first day. Twenty miles out of town (the last one was over 40 that's an improvement right there. Started at 5:30pm. He'd been trying to stay awake all night for a few days so he wouldn't be completely wiped out on his first day. He just smiled and said "good paychecks and no time to spend any money." And he is kind of a night owl. But I'm his Mom, I worry. I don't tell him though, he would not like it. Funny, when he lived 300 miles away I never worried. Duh, mothers. I cooked up a pile of quesadillas and chicken salad wraps for his first day and a half of to go meals. The wraps freeze well. I'll make some burger/bean burritos too. After the first week he should have his food and other tasks sorted out.
My internist together with my asthma and allergy doctor have reworked my meds and I am breathing easier. I see her next week. I've been on the new medication for two months and while nothing will increase my lung capacity again perhaps this will hold the line. The downside is trying to remember what to inhale or swallow or when. I have a pill box and a schedule but you have to look at it don't you? And I've been having wild dreams the last six weeks or so and am feeling very wired, anxious and kind of OCD. I suspect it's one or both of the new meds.
Wishing you well and hoping nothing else catches on fire here or there.
I went out to dinner and to see "Antony and Cleopatra" with my eldest son Chris in anticipation of not seeing him at all for awhile. After he and his girl split he's been my company for assorted plays here. He has been out of work for a long time. Making rent and so on with short term labor, and labor it's been, mostly mechanical stuff, summer in a farming community. Twelve hour days but good pay and tons of overtime but only 3-4 weeks at a time. He got a full-time permanent job and yesterday or I should say last night, was his first day. Twenty miles out of town (the last one was over 40 that's an improvement right there. Started at 5:30pm. He'd been trying to stay awake all night for a few days so he wouldn't be completely wiped out on his first day. He just smiled and said "good paychecks and no time to spend any money." And he is kind of a night owl. But I'm his Mom, I worry. I don't tell him though, he would not like it. Funny, when he lived 300 miles away I never worried. Duh, mothers. I cooked up a pile of quesadillas and chicken salad wraps for his first day and a half of to go meals. The wraps freeze well. I'll make some burger/bean burritos too. After the first week he should have his food and other tasks sorted out.
My internist together with my asthma and allergy doctor have reworked my meds and I am breathing easier. I see her next week. I've been on the new medication for two months and while nothing will increase my lung capacity again perhaps this will hold the line. The downside is trying to remember what to inhale or swallow or when. I have a pill box and a schedule but you have to look at it don't you? And I've been having wild dreams the last six weeks or so and am feeling very wired, anxious and kind of OCD. I suspect it's one or both of the new meds.
Wishing you well and hoping nothing else catches on fire here or there.


2 Comments:
Great cartoon. Our daughter just had her third child. That's how we roll now.
You must be exhausted after all the company. We went through a crowd in May.
Good luck to your son on his new job!
So very glad you can breathe easier. Yes, keep that med box next to your morning coffee spot. I have half a slice of bread with my various pills then the coffee.
So glad he has a job again and seems happy with it. 20 miles is nothing in comparison with his last job. You are a great mom.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home