On Spin Dry
I'm feeling as though I've lived several weeks all squeezed into one. And it's been 100° or more most of that week and will be so another 3-4 days.
Many relatives appeared for my grandgirl's wedding on the 2nd. My sister Susan and my niece stayed with me and remained until after the 4th of July. Two nephews who weren't coming made it after all. I got some extended time with my nephew Travis. We are poles apart politically, still are, at one point I unfriended him on f-b but relented. We've been trying to mend fences ever since, and we did because what it really comes down to is we love each other and we are family and we are mostly doing the best we can.
Many relatives appeared for my grandgirl's wedding on the 2nd. My sister Susan and my niece stayed with me and remained until after the 4th of July. Two nephews who weren't coming made it after all. I got some extended time with my nephew Travis. We are poles apart politically, still are, at one point I unfriended him on f-b but relented. We've been trying to mend fences ever since, and we did because what it really comes down to is we love each other and we are family and we are mostly doing the best we can.
My son Chris, nephew Scott, Susan, son David, nephew Travis.
David Father of the Bride - Alandra
Grand-girls in wedding dresses.




4 Comments:
Politics isn't worth family rift. It was a great weekend by the look of it!
Hotter here, and forecast to be hotter for another week, I'm getting to old for this heat.
Glad you got time with family. Looks like a beautiful wedding. Sunflowers seem to be in this year! Aren't those littles all dressed up, cuties!
Sweet. Lovely wedding!
I confess that I have simply cut off relationships with people, even relatives, who espouse reactionary values. There are so many lovely people to associate with who are open minded, and they are much better company.
Hope the heat lets up on you.
Sorry it was so hot up there for the wedding. Those are not small men, but they sure seem happy. Darling girls too.
Yes, there are several family members I don't discuss politics with. Sometimes I have nothing to say to them, but we smile and make nice.
Almost 80 here at the beach, and you know what that does. Everyone rushes to the beach. It must be 110 inland. Hope it is cooling there now enough so you can enjoy the last to leave.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home