Cooking Again
I haven't been posting here much for quite awhile. Seem to have lost my muse.
I've engineered more grandchild company. Since I live in a smallish condo I plan something to get the kids out and moving. It has gotten me moving again too and cooking again. So besides the company I'm eating better and getting outside more.
Every Tuesday I still have the two home schooled eleven year-olds and I make breakfast and lunch for them. Breakfast varies but always has a bacon side for them, I don't eat it anymore (sigh). Yesterday we had applesauce pancakes. Yesterday was sunny and after visiting the library we went up to the lake for a picnic. We got half way done and a big, cold wind came up so we went back to the car (with the view pictured above), played music on the radio finished lunch and read in the car for about half an hour. It was lovely.
The youngest set of grandkids are now coming one at a time for Friday overnights. Their Uncle Chris comes over and we play games and have dinner. Since Chris lives only three blocks away we invite him back for breakfast Saturday morning. They love him and he'll watch cartoons with them. I just realized even though I'm good on my own I miss having some family in the house. If the weather stinks we're all book people so we enjoy reading in each other's faces. The two youngest are just learning to read so I got some beginning books they read to me alternated with me reading to them from my pile of kid's books.
Thanksgiving looms and I'm going to make some things I haven't in awhile, a chocolate sour cream cheesecake for one, and gallons of fruit salad with a nice light vanilla yogurt dressing and sliced almonds and mandarin oranges, and it must be time for breakfast.
I've engineered more grandchild company. Since I live in a smallish condo I plan something to get the kids out and moving. It has gotten me moving again too and cooking again. So besides the company I'm eating better and getting outside more.
Every Tuesday I still have the two home schooled eleven year-olds and I make breakfast and lunch for them. Breakfast varies but always has a bacon side for them, I don't eat it anymore (sigh). Yesterday we had applesauce pancakes. Yesterday was sunny and after visiting the library we went up to the lake for a picnic. We got half way done and a big, cold wind came up so we went back to the car (with the view pictured above), played music on the radio finished lunch and read in the car for about half an hour. It was lovely.
The youngest set of grandkids are now coming one at a time for Friday overnights. Their Uncle Chris comes over and we play games and have dinner. Since Chris lives only three blocks away we invite him back for breakfast Saturday morning. They love him and he'll watch cartoons with them. I just realized even though I'm good on my own I miss having some family in the house. If the weather stinks we're all book people so we enjoy reading in each other's faces. The two youngest are just learning to read so I got some beginning books they read to me alternated with me reading to them from my pile of kid's books.
Thanksgiving looms and I'm going to make some things I haven't in awhile, a chocolate sour cream cheesecake for one, and gallons of fruit salad with a nice light vanilla yogurt dressing and sliced almonds and mandarin oranges, and it must be time for breakfast.

4 Comments:
Oh I'm so glad your back, I've missed reading about your adventures. Beautiful picture with the water and teasels.
I do just fine on my own, but have missed being around my kids & grandkids as I was before. Went to a granddaughter's volleyball game with my daughter and two more grands recently. We went to dinner before finishing the journey to the game and had a great time, lots of laughter and hugs.
I’ve missed you, Celia. You’ve spent lots of time with grandchildren so It was time well spent!
Oh, you sound so much better. I almost said "weller." LOL Yes, getting out and about and being forced into doing things like cooking again, will stir up the old innards. Yes, I am particularly fond of that photo at the top. Any recipes you might share would be appreciated too. Why no bacon. A little revolt once in a week makes life smile at you more. I love bacon.
I love bacon Mage but can't seem to digest it anymore. However chocolate is still good :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home