'Tis the Season Almost
The season for many things. In the last 10 days we've had two 60° days and an a few overnight night lows of 30°. The fall winds made driving in the newer round-about trickier than usual. Those are the biggest tumbleweeds I have ever seen here. Apparently everything didn't burn up this year. And it is windy and flat here.
Then there's the impending holiday season. I ordered myself a comfy, red cable knit sweater for winter from from Landsend with a 40% off coupon. Hooray for me. and I can also wear it Christmas morning. HOWEVER I got five Landsend Catalogs in the mail in soon after; four of them came in one day, right after the sweater. I can't think our mail guy really liked that. How can they afford to send all those fat glossy print catalogs?
Here comes Thanksgiving. It's my favorite family holiday. We've sorted the menu by text. There are still 22+ linked by family and marriages gathering although new babies and new in-laws have rearranged the who is coming list. I'm bringing old favorites from my original family including celery sticks stuffed with cream cheese and nuts, as well as many, many deviled eggs and much fruit salad built on a variation of a Waldorf salad with mandarin oranges and vanilla/yogurt dressing. Two years ago I put guacamole in some of the deviled eggs wondering if anyone would eat those green eggs (no ham). But they disappeared even the grandkids ate them.
I have much to be thankful this year. Not least of all pumpkin pie with real whipping cream. That makes my heart go pittypat the most. Grandkids? Them too, but pumpkin pie!! What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Then there's the impending holiday season. I ordered myself a comfy, red cable knit sweater for winter from from Landsend with a 40% off coupon. Hooray for me. and I can also wear it Christmas morning. HOWEVER I got five Landsend Catalogs in the mail in soon after; four of them came in one day, right after the sweater. I can't think our mail guy really liked that. How can they afford to send all those fat glossy print catalogs?
Here comes Thanksgiving. It's my favorite family holiday. We've sorted the menu by text. There are still 22+ linked by family and marriages gathering although new babies and new in-laws have rearranged the who is coming list. I'm bringing old favorites from my original family including celery sticks stuffed with cream cheese and nuts, as well as many, many deviled eggs and much fruit salad built on a variation of a Waldorf salad with mandarin oranges and vanilla/yogurt dressing. Two years ago I put guacamole in some of the deviled eggs wondering if anyone would eat those green eggs (no ham). But they disappeared even the grandkids ate them.
I have much to be thankful this year. Not least of all pumpkin pie with real whipping cream. That makes my heart go pittypat the most. Grandkids? Them too, but pumpkin pie!! What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?


5 Comments:
You family Thanksgiving sounds like fun.
My favourite is turkey and stuffing.
Enjoy your celebration!
Marie - my second favorite is the stuffing, mmm.
Stuffing the way my gramma made it, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Just the simple stuff, mam. LOL
Dressing is my favorite and I eat the real deal with bread as it's one of the times I cheat-- a piece of pie might qualify as cheating too. The big thing though, for me is the turkey dressing :)
Rain - my favorite too. Mom would cook the giblets and we'd all go "ewwh" but it was delicious, bread, bits of turkey, an egg and BUTTER.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home