My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018




It's always been someone else's child but this week a grandchild ran away from home.  I'm sure we all knew this already but it's heart stoppingly frightening. Someone thought they saw her near the highway on ramp. Scary thought that she might hitchhike. She's back home but she was gone over two days, long enough to involve the police.  It's a small town and many people, our local police, friends and strangers were looking for her. She was spotted and returned by the police last night. She's run off at night before but has never stayed out all night or has been picked up by the police who, sadly, know her by sight now. They brought her home this time too. Thank you thank you thank you.

Thanks everyone for your comments on wheat free eating.

Thank you Mona for the recipe, it's muffins I really want to make. I think I can live without bread. My kitchen is now filled with jars of what my daughter-in-law calls "funny flours." Hers is too, she's experimenting as well.

Wendy, I think you're right about aging and food changes. I don't eat much meat anymore either. Funny, when I was an expectant mother I couldn't stand even the sight of meat much less eat it. At age 75 that seems to be returning. Can't imagine any connection, just odd.

Oh Mage! I'm so sorry, I suspect we have a lot of physical "stuff" in common. Hang in there sister.

Barbara, I used your applesauce suggestion and love it. Applesauce is one of my favorites. I made my grandkids applesauce (wheat free) pancakes and they loved them. Whew. I feed them every Tuesday am and it's nice not to have to cook two sets of something.

Tabor I share your concerns about gluten and wheat allergies or intolerance.  I know not everyone agrees but I think our food sources have been fiddled with and altered in a very unhealthy way.

Hoping for peace for us all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

My thoughts are with the parents and grandparents of that little girl. Such a tragedy and I hope she gets the help she needs soon.

January 31, 2018 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I am so glad your little sweetie is home safe and sound. You must have be terrified for her, Celia.

January 31, 2018 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

I finally put my eldest in a therapy home for runaways. Her life wasn't all roses for the next few years, but eventually she graduated from college and is raising her youngest daughter really well. Hugs for you and your family.

February 2, 2018 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

My heart goes out to you and your entire family, Celia. Gratitude that it ended well. May she find better ways to make her point or share her unhappiness or pain. I remember once telling a friend whose daughter was doing this to tell her I was a place she could run to day or night and she would be safe and her mom know the same. The mom cried and the unhappy wayward one had a safety net. She never tried it again and 20 years later has made a good life for self in spite of far greater pains and trials. Many blessings!

February 3, 2018 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Granny Sue said...

Just found you blog and landed on this post. I cannot imagine the fear, it must be terrible. Sending prayers from the West Virginia hills for all of your family.

February 23, 2018 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home