My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Sunny with Snow and a Better Attitude

I've just finished of four days of grand-kid company. And I'm proud of myself; I actually cooked three decent meals a day while they were here. Holy cow! Piles of dirty dishes, kept running out of spoons but had lots of hands to wash them. We also went to the AAUW annual book sale. The kids and I were in book heaven; we left with our arms full.  I really enjoyed it but my tail is really dragging.  I usually am up around 6am or so but today I slept until 9:30am. I didn't even do that when I was in high school. And when I opened the drapes there was snow, not much, but it was a surprise.

In spite of the surprise snow I think the grandkids and I will be able to get outside more often soon.  So I finally got the second cell phone. The kind you can buy in the grocery store that comes with a minutes card.  Hopefully they won't drop it down a hole somewhere. I'm going to let the kids carry it when we go places they can run around and I can't.  Then I can call them and say for instance "Get your fannies back here, we're leaving." 

At the Whitman Mission grounds there is a big hill they like to climb. I can't climb it  any longer and I can't shout loud enough for them to hear me, so now I'll phone.  You can see that covered wagon sitting on a piece of the actual Oregon Trail in the first picture. In the second photo you can see it in relation to that hill.  It's a lovely view and fortunately I climbed it many times while I could.  There's also a pond that used to be part of the Whitman grist mill. Now a crowd of those Western Red Turtles make it their home.

Inline image 1       Inline image 2

And some good news.  I had a CT scan six months ago for my COPD and some not good things showed up on it. Last week I had a second follow-up CT and the worst thing had disappeared. If it had stayed or grown it is considered a precursor for lung cancer. I saw the first scan and even I could see it. Some smaller things shrank. They thought those were from a respiratory infection I had. Thank God! My lungs are still a mess but the same old mess. Still standing. How precious is each day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

Oh, I appreciate every time you post. I have spinal Stenosis and am limited to how far I can walk. Sometimes I have a leg that feels as if it were falling off. I have to laugh at myself or I would sink in the soggy grasses here.

February 22, 2018 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Time with the grandkids is exhausting but wonderful! The phone is a great solution. Take care!

February 22, 2018 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

You are an amazing woman. Never forget that for one minute! You are an incredible blessing in those grandchildrens lives and those of us who know you in your real life, and those of us who know you here in this surreal blogging life send prayers and well wishes for you and for your family every single day❣

February 23, 2018 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

Thank goodness for the results of the second CT scan!! Makes me happy to read.

March 11, 2018 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home