My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Weekend at Last


Image may contain: meme and text

Been a busy week here. The whole family is pooped. Leaving in a few minutes to go watch the 6 year old grands play indoor soccer.

Picked up "lost but found" grandgirl at school Friday. and kept her with me and her littlest siblings, I have them every Friday afternoon.  Then her older sister picked them all up.  She napped in my recliner.  She doesn't sleep well ever, just intermittent naps, Never did even as a toddler.  She says she ran off because she was bored.

We have had a lot of rain lately but the temperatures are unusually warm, the 50's, and there's been some sunshine every day.  I'm so glad to see the light.

My best friend from my working days caught a head cold that moved into her chest. She called me yesterday and when she coughed she sounds like I do when my lungs are in trouble. No air moving at all. She's nearly 80, very heavy, and diabetic. In a wheelchair these days as she can barely walk. She refuses to go to see the doctor. I called her this morning and she's worse, she couldn't talk on the phone she is so "airless." I'm hundreds of miles away so I hope she doesn't hate me forever but I ratted her out to her daughter and another friend who lives nearby. I am scared for her.

Prayers for everyone today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Hope everyone fares better over the next week, Celia!

February 3, 2018 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

I hope that daughter got her to an ER...do let us know.
That grandkid is in trouble. I had a daughter just like that.

February 7, 2018 at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home