Nice cool morning
My primary morning task is watering my patio plants. They are the lovely first things I see when I open the drapes. It's about 66°right now and I have all the windows open. A lot nicer than yesterday's 95°. Then our power went out at noon yesterday for about 5 hours. The power company said it was "animal interference." The fellow I spoke to didn't know what kind of animal it was or what the "interference" was either. So I was left imagining squirrels having a little poker party on top of a transformer and and spilling their beer into it.
I purposely bought a condo with a patio that is in the shade all afternoon. It sure paid off yesterday never getting above 77°inside even with no power for the A/C. It came back on just in time for me to cook dinner.
Last week these two lovelies came to visit and stayed for the 4th of July. This is my youngest (by 20 years) sister Susan and my niece Sophie who is turning 21 soon and will be a college senior this fall. ***Brag warning *** She is a 4.0 honor student.

We watched the fireworks from our favorite spot along the edge of a wheatfield near the airport. My sons and grand kids joined us. One Horizon Air plane came in for a landing just as the fireworks lit up. That must have been quite a view for the passengers.
.
And then here's Susan and I. It's very quiet here since they went home. So much fun to have them here.





3 Comments:
Yes, yes, yes, yes. :)
Me too Celia.
OMG - I was so happy to hear this news. I can't imagine how frantic those parents must have been! And grandparents and family and friends.
Thanks for commenting on my blog. When the weather is nice, i'm outdoors. Still, I miss my blogging friends, I miss creating on my blog. I find FB is so annoying. Quick pics and one line of writing. And then you get the posts about "well here we are in line at the grocery store. "
Ah well, at least we can pick and choose our social media.
Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home