My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, September 14, 2018

Change of direction

This isn't what I planned to write about this morning. I had meant to write how life keeps changing our/my plans and then I saw this on NPR.  NPR Hurricane Florence arrives.  These are changes I've not ever had to experience. I can only imagine what this woman must be feeling or thinking driven out of her home with perhaps nothing but her medicines and her little dog. These people must be suffering great grief and fear.  How can she begin again?



Photo from NPR by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

And right before this we find out that this summer the Trump administration transferred nearly $10 million away from FEMA to ICE.  To build jails for little kids! Yes I am biased, biased and angry. 


Write, call, email your government:  Most of all vote.
Directories to contact your Senators, Representatives and Federal Agencies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

The hurricane and its toll has been on my mind all day too. I cannot imagine what the woman feels!

September 14, 2018 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Having just been through hurricane scares here in Hawaii, I know we've been lucky and really feel for those poor people on the east coast. What a horrible thing to go through.

September 14, 2018 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

I have been exactly where that woman was. I had to be evacuated by boat, but we were not prepared as there had been no news of flooding. It was a Texas storm that made Dan Rather's career, I am THAT old. We had over 3 feet in our home and lost everything, had flood insurance and were young enough to just slog on. I had two babies then and very little time to focus on what we had lost.

September 15, 2018 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

I can imagine this. My cottage by the beach was one inch above the flooding in 83. Then a fancy truck drove by at high speed and send a wave of water through my living room. We got wet later, but never that wet.

I feel so for that woman.

September 15, 2018 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home