My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, September 7, 2018

This little piggie

The Fair is over again.  I went to watch my grandgirl Mya and her boyfriend Emerson show the pigs they raised this year in FFA and stayed for most of the day.  They worked hard and did well.  He took first place in their class and she was first runner-up behind him.  I didn't get as any photos having brought only my phone and it chose that day to have a twit.  Couldn't text or nuttin'.  These are my son Dave's photos.  I can't remember what she named her so I am just calling her Miss Piggie.



Mya and Miss Piggie pre-show.



Mya putting Miss Piggie through the drill.

Those kids all looked so cute in their FFA jackets, clean and professional.  They all put in great effort and it showed.  Most of our family showed up and we filled up half of one of the bleachers. Good show family!

Later Dave and I roamed around after getting some food. We had Hawaiian pulled pork and rice first. Mmmm.  I'd only had coffee for breakfast. Then we sat in the shade and listened to a good band on one of the smaller stages there.  Later he had a funnel cake and I had fish tacos instead of sweets. Delicious.  We regrouped to visit the Pavillion where all the creative efforts of our community are on display.  Next summer I am going to set up a project for the younger grandkids and get them entered. Not sure why I didn't think of that before.  They've been making robots, art, and building stuff on their own. I think they'd have fun. Me too.

Isabel and Adam, who turned 12 this August, became little teens at the Fair OMG. Roaming around with their paper route money and wrist bands for the rides in a little clutch of their friends. They ran up to hug me after the piggie show and disappeared. It was so much like watching my boys when they began to fledge. I'm happy to see them grow but sad to lose my little buddies.  Oh well, in Dave and Heather's home there is another crop coming up 6 and 7. They just got another foster baby at birth now and she's 6 months old. In theory temporary, ha, ha, the previous six were temporary too and they adopted all of them.


Isabel 2012 rasseling her heifer with her big sister Alandra at the Fair.  This year she stayedup late to go with another family to the evening rodeo in her new birthday boots. :-)


I left the Fair at 5pm. Five hours with a lot of walking around and I was pooped! I exited through the "in" from the parking lot (embarassing) and drove carefully home. Took a nap, got up and showered and ate some cereal and went back to bed for the night. Eek. My legs did not want to walk anywhere anymore and my brain was on snore. I am really glad I went. Next time I will bring a small pillow to sit on, those bleachers are murder.  How is it we can be overweight and yet when we sit on something hard there is no padding on those bones in our behinds?

Hope your Labor Day was good. I always honor my Grandfather and his co-workers who in 1916 were striking mill workers on the Everett, WA docks when the Everett Massacre took place. My Dad was 6 months old. That's a story for another time but it has a lot to do with who my family and I are politically. 

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It sounds like an interesting story Celia.

The fair sounds like loads of fun for the whole family. It great when the whole family supports the kids like that.

September 7, 2018 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

I'll look forward to reading that story. The fair day was a great story too. Lovely kids and pigs, and happiness. Sorry the phone/camera didn't work.

September 8, 2018 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

I think my phone is past retirement age, I suppose next it's memory will fail, ha, ha!

September 8, 2018 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

I'm trying to scrounge up dates and such about my Grandpa, two of my younger sisters and most of my cousins (I'm the oldest) have never heard about any of this.

September 8, 2018 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

I’ve never been to one of those fairs. It sounds like such fun! Congratulations!

September 13, 2018 at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home