Squashed
Fall is here. Makes me hungry, I'm a big fan of squash, squash soup and squash in soups, and just plain baked and mashed squash. Yum! My two favorites are butternut (for soup) and spagetti squash under all kinds of sauces. Makes great spagetti and meatballs especially if you have wheat (me) or gluten problems (not me). Baked Spagetti Squash with garlic and butter sidedish. This was very tasty and simple. Here's a soup recipe I've used. Transferring the soup to the blender is a pain but worth it. Delicious butternut squash soup recipe.
Photo by W2 Sweet Photography
Last night my son Chris and I saw a live production of Hamlet performed by a theater company called The Rude Mechanicals at the Powerhouse theater here. The venue is a transformed (pun intended) old powerhouse. They are a small but excellent company of performers and they were wonderful last night again. We used to get a larger company, The Seattle Shakespeare Company, who performed at a large outdooor amphitheater here but the venue here closed ($$) and then they stopped coming. Truly even if the amphitheater were still open the wildfire smoke has been so bad the last three summers I doubt many people would have come. So bless the Rude Mechanicals and the indoor theaters at the colleges here. Hugs to you all.
This weekend we just had the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede. The weather was perfect, chilly but sunny and little or no wind. The previous two years our balloon fest was blown away by inclement windy weather. The photo below was taken as the balloon drifted over Pioneer Park here. Wonder what the ducks thought. Our little city is small enough that these balloons are almost garunteed to drift over your house. You'd know because you can hear them firing their burners. The little kid in me gets so excited.

Photo by W2 Sweet Photography
Last night my son Chris and I saw a live production of Hamlet performed by a theater company called The Rude Mechanicals at the Powerhouse theater here. The venue is a transformed (pun intended) old powerhouse. They are a small but excellent company of performers and they were wonderful last night again. We used to get a larger company, The Seattle Shakespeare Company, who performed at a large outdooor amphitheater here but the venue here closed ($$) and then they stopped coming. Truly even if the amphitheater were still open the wildfire smoke has been so bad the last three summers I doubt many people would have come. So bless the Rude Mechanicals and the indoor theaters at the colleges here. Hugs to you all.


3 Comments:
I am making butternut squash soup today. Love soups this time of year as we move from outdoor living to inside for the next six months.
I too love squashes. Mother and I both bake our acorn squashes either whole of halved upside down for an hour at 425. Heaven I do the same with the butternut. Perhaps it is laziness. Good to see you....please tell us how you are doing one day.
Or....I love cutting them in half, scooping out the seeds, adding a pat of butter and a dash of nutmeg. Wrap it in foil, and bake one hour at 425.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home