New Year's Eve
I will be celebrating New Year's Eve in my customary fashion. Asleep. Whatever you do have a good time and stay safe.
In the olden days when I stll had kids at home we used to stay up with or without friends and at midnight open the front door and broom in hand sweep the old year out. I kind of liked that. I think I will subsitute sweeping it out in the morning. This has been a year I'm glad to see the back off in many ways. I kind of like to start out fresh though so I'm cleaning the heck out of my house yesterday and today. I will drop by for awhile at my kids' house. They like to play games and gab on New Year's Eve. New Year's Day I take the Christmas tree down.
I make no resolutions beyond the ones I make every day. Remember to eat breakfast. Clean something. Keep in touch with faraway friends. Being grateful I woke up. Go outside and observe the weather rather than looking it up on my phone. Go for a walk.
I signed up for our local Law Enforcement "Citizens' Academy." It's one night a week, end of January through April. It's the path to becoming a volunteer at our Police Department, they need someone to help with office stuff, I'm still organized and computer literate and need to get out of the house. Sounds like a fit.
May the New Year bring us all peace, joy, good news, good health and prosperity.



4 Comments:
I like all of the above including that great picture. A lovely and happy new year too you and yours. I will tell my daughter about sweeping out the old year. :)
Happy New Year. Hope 2019 is all you could wish.
Sounds like a good plan to me! What a good idea to help the police dept. I need to get into something like that, just want to get the fixits done in the new place, and then I will be looking for something similar.
Happy New Year to you, may it be filled with goodness & joy.
Oh, dear Celia! What would I do without you and your lovely posts, visits, and comments on my own blog?
Now, I shall go back and add in a broom sweeping out the old year. How did I ever forget that one..especially my own old practice of actually doing it? I plead my senior moments and the 5th!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home