My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Sunny and cold for a day

Just cold every day, teens to 20's. We're not suffering like the mid-west or the east but it's been an odd February, more snow than usual. By mid-morning now the streets are clear or even dry, So I drove to the town next door where my favorite bulk grocery is and stocked up on oatmeal and grind-it-yourself almond butter. I also found trail mix with chocolate chips in it.

My sister Susan and her son were coming over to pick me up and drive out to visit Washington State University in Pullman. He's out of high school in June and doing visits. It snows more there. Ultimately she cancelled.  She was afraid of getting stuck out on the sage lands in the snow; I was worried about getting us lost. I've gotten lost out there before in storms by turning up some section road instead onto the two lane cow path I was supposed to be on. No harm but at 77 I am no longer interested the experience.  I'm sure some grandkids will eat the trail mix for me.

Image may contain: snow, outdoor and nature

This is Mill Creek rushing it's way through downtown Walla Walla yesterday. You can see the snow has diminished.

My eldest son has made it through 3 parts of a 4 part interview sequence for a new job.  The last interview is in the first week in March. It's a job driving and he showed up for the interview in a snow storm; some of the applicants didn't show up at all so I think that's a plus for him. Plus he's qualified for it. It's a better job than he has had and comes with some benefits. 

Hope you are well and warm where you are.


7 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

My kids live in Chicago and Maryland and they’ve texted me lots of photos and tell me it’s very cold. Believe it or not, Hawaii is rather cold right now too though it’s starting to warm up. We’ve all had some crazy weather.

February 21, 2019 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I like your new background! I think it's new....

This winter has been cold out here as well. And far too long. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get out in the garden.

Good luck for your son's job. He sounds like a dedicated young man.

February 22, 2019 at 4:03 AM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Tucson has kept winter weather longer than usual. We had snow this morning. Not what you got but enough to color the ground. I am eager for 70º+ days lol

February 22, 2019 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I wish your son best of luck with the rest of the interview process. It sounds like an arduous procedure.

February 22, 2019 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

San Diego still has snow in the mountains, but for most of us it is life in the 50's or 60's. So glad your son is doing so well with his job ap. Please keep us posted.

February 25, 2019 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

Hope that your son got the job he wanted.
Though it has been cold & snowy here in Vancouver WA., I'm constantly amazed at the beauty of the mountains and rivers around me.

March 8, 2019 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

It's April now, and I just wanted to let you know I miss ya.

April 11, 2019 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home