My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, April 26, 2019

New Things

I spent much of fall/winter wondering if my Old Faithful Samsung cell phone was going to expire before my tax return came.  I am happy to say it made it. It's been a good phone and survived a leap into the potty and several slams off the tile floor in my kitchen. 

The new phones seem to be quite larger than Old Faithful. Not really as large as the new phone looks in my selfie. Techie son shopped online with me and then added myself and a college bound granddaughter to 4-person package so it will cost all of us less each month. I picked another Samsung, I like Android. Son checked reviews and stats and gave it a thumbs up even though his family and my sisters are all I-phone users.


Warning objects in the mirror are not as large as they appear.

I got myself a thick rubbery cover. the only options at the time were pink or more black. I'm OK with pink. I can see it easily. It is heavier so I won't be checking the time while in bed with it. If I drop it on my face, and I drop lots of things, it might give me a black eye. All the new phones seem heavier and bigger.  It just barely fits in my purse and not at all in the little phone pocket. In 24 hours I figured out enough to be functional again and reset (without my magical tech son) some annoying things. I don't like to ask my son too often. He does this sort of stuff all day. He's been very generous to the clutch of over 70's people in our family.

My other new thing is I borrowed a plumbing snake and cleared out the plugged bathroom sink this morning. Yay, me!

This morning's weather is a blowing dust storm, but the flood watch is off.  We did have a string of sunny, 70-ish days and the cherry trees, magnolia tree and dogwoods are out in full dress.

I leave you this:  I'm working on it.

Image may contain: text


6 Comments:

Blogger Brig said...

Thank goodness, I have my granddaughter to show me how to do things on my i phone! My old one lasted 9 years, and this one best last longer...

April 26, 2019 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I can make a phone call with my cell phone in an emergency. That is it. You are doing really well with yours.

April 26, 2019 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

I depend on my grandkids to set me straight with my phone to Brig. :-) Phone and AAA, once you drive out of town here you are on your own for a long way.

April 27, 2019 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

What would we do without our cell phones? I don't even have a land line any more.

April 28, 2019 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

I like that. :)

April 28, 2019 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Sigh... I upgraded to the iPhone XR and it died on me a couple of days ago. Luckily, it was still under warranty so they replaced it. My husband says it's probably a refurbished one... but at least I'm back in operation. I hope it doesn't happen again! It was hard to be without the phone for a couple of days!

May 17, 2019 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home