Gift of Sight
I had my cataracts fixed about five years ago. Some more grew and this Thursday they were fixed. Easy peasy. The doctor dilated my eyes and removed the new cataracts with a laser, no pain, no strain, no recovery time. We live in amazing times. I don't even need new glasses. The only disconcerting thing was this nice, young doctor closely resembled my 14-year old grandson both in looks and relative age. So young. I'm sure he wondered why I kept smiling at him.
This morning is the frantic wrapping of the mail-away gifts. The Post Office said to mail them by December 12, oops! My sisters and I have a four-way text going and we discovered that none of us is likely to be ready for Christmas on time this year. Gifts will be late and no one cares. We will all be having dinner with people we love, some will make it to church and the grandkids are covered; not to mention none of us needs anymore "stuff."
So, I hope you can relax, spend time with those you love.
So, I hope you can relax, spend time with those you love.

4 Comments:
We are having a late Christmas but it will be great whatever day we celebrate. Hope yours is special too.
I am buying hubby a wallet as his is a mess. He does not want to buy me anything unless I help him get it online. Such as it is. We also do not need anymore stuff!
B had cataract surgery last year. It wasn't so easy; but it worked (mostly). I myself just got my eyes checked. The doctor told me that I have the eyes of someone ten years younger. (Unfortunately, and even so, they are still old eyes.)
I'm facing cataract surgery this coming year and your post has taken some of the anxiety away. I almost lost my sight a few years ago and anything that has to do with my eyes makes me nuts.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home