Still Learning
We had a teeny snow Sunday. A little frosting after days and nights of temps in the low 20's. A bit early for those temperatures but not without it's pleasures such as a morning glitter storm made out sunshine and freezing fog Thanksgiving morning. Fairy dust.
I did go the grocery Sunday. Bought some Tillamook Coffee Almond Chocolate Ice Cream along more common staples. Then I put my p.j.s back on and online shopped some gifts for the younger grandkids. Ate ice cream for dinner. Talked the evening away with friends on the phone and stayed up past 1 AM reading Louise Penney's new Gamache novel "A Better Man." I'm over half way through it. It.Is.Really.Good! Went to sleep and had annoying dreams about building myself a small artist's studio outside with lovely light only to find friends and family filling it up with things they wanted to store. Analyze that. Maybe it was just the ice cream.
Thanksgiving was a good with one mix-up. Eldest son Chris came to carry most of my food over to his brother's. I came later with my hot dish only to find them in an uproar. As I parked Grandgirl Mya and her bf arrived saying they'd been out looking for me?! Turned out when I restarted my phone I'd only shut it off. Since I'm attached at the hip to my phone and didn't answer they turned out immediately to find me when I didn't show up right after Chris. I was frankly quite surprised and then touched. I showed up 15 minutes after Chris. I thought they thought I was in an accident. No, they actually thought I was dead. A few months ago my COPD seemed much worse. Tests ensued and I was diagnosed with heart failure, two more meds added and I'm much better. My lungs are stable. However there was a whole room full of frightened people hugging me...because they thought I might have died. I felt terrible and grateful. Now I'm thinking about that dream again. Thinking maybe I haven't appreciated fully what my family and friends have done for me, filled my life with joy and love. Maybe that's what all that stuff was in the studio of my heart.
I did go the grocery Sunday. Bought some Tillamook Coffee Almond Chocolate Ice Cream along more common staples. Then I put my p.j.s back on and online shopped some gifts for the younger grandkids. Ate ice cream for dinner. Talked the evening away with friends on the phone and stayed up past 1 AM reading Louise Penney's new Gamache novel "A Better Man." I'm over half way through it. It.Is.Really.Good! Went to sleep and had annoying dreams about building myself a small artist's studio outside with lovely light only to find friends and family filling it up with things they wanted to store. Analyze that. Maybe it was just the ice cream.
Thanksgiving was a good with one mix-up. Eldest son Chris came to carry most of my food over to his brother's. I came later with my hot dish only to find them in an uproar. As I parked Grandgirl Mya and her bf arrived saying they'd been out looking for me?! Turned out when I restarted my phone I'd only shut it off. Since I'm attached at the hip to my phone and didn't answer they turned out immediately to find me when I didn't show up right after Chris. I was frankly quite surprised and then touched. I showed up 15 minutes after Chris. I thought they thought I was in an accident. No, they actually thought I was dead. A few months ago my COPD seemed much worse. Tests ensued and I was diagnosed with heart failure, two more meds added and I'm much better. My lungs are stable. However there was a whole room full of frightened people hugging me...because they thought I might have died. I felt terrible and grateful. Now I'm thinking about that dream again. Thinking maybe I haven't appreciated fully what my family and friends have done for me, filled my life with joy and love. Maybe that's what all that stuff was in the studio of my heart.

5 Comments:
You are blessed to be so loved.
Caring family is such a blessing in one’s life. It is good you are feeling better!
Family is the best medicine!
Love iks thhe best stfuff oof all.
Wow! What a lot of activity going on at your place.
So happy you are alive and well! You are blessed.
Not sure about the dreams, but I think maybe you are right - ice cream for dinner must have had some kind of influence. LOL.
Or just giving you a "heads-up" on how loved you are. I don't think it's because you haven't appreciated anyone. I know how precious your family is to you.
Happy late Thanksgiving and I do love that powdery, fairy-like snow as it graces evergreens, bushes and front lawns.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home