Monday before E-day
I am trying my best not to think about the election but here I am anyway. To best of my knowledge all my friends and family save one fellow have voted the same as I did. And still, for the sake of family we have quit discussing this when we are all together. At our now (Covid) non-existent weekly family dinners we just all dropped the subject. He knows all his freshly voting grandkids are all voting blue and he sill loves them and they love him. That's how it should be eh!?
My eldest and now bachelor son came by last night for a visit, well, to do his laundry. The laundry in his building was kaput. Hooray! He does it himself. I showed both he and his brother how to use the washer when they were in grade school. Since he works 2nd shift I can no longer lure him over for a weeknight dinner. We both wore masks and sat appropriately distanced. Delightful, another human in the house. Conversation. He watched an episode "Hinterland " Netflix with me. We finished off the last of the Halloween candy. Talked about how to manage Christmas from a distance. And Thanksgiving. I saw a joke that said we should drop Thanksgiving and Christmas and just have three Halloweens this year.
I did have a great thought about Christmas gifting this year though. I have a huge collection of my Mother and my Grandmother's costume jewelry. I am going start giving it away to the grandkid's with their Christmas gifts. They in age from 8 to 24 and there is something for everyone. I suspect that when I leave this plane most of it would end up at Goodwill and the little girls really like the sparkly stuff. The really big and gaudy stuff is going to my 8 year-old pirate smitten grandson as treasure. He has a huge old pirate-y looking wooden chest to keep it in that a neighbor gave him.
Hugs to you all, stay well.


6 Comments:
Oh it is going to be a long day tomorrow. I just hope my phone finally quits ringing with unknown callers. Good idea about the jewelry. The girls and your pirate will love them.
My family are on both sides about the election and who to vote for. Like you, we just don't discuss is. I won't love them any less for a different vote.
Great idea, about the election non discussion and the costume jewelry..
We won’t know about the holidays until it’s closer and we know the Covid conditions here. If we have to celebrate alone we will zoom for dinner I imagine. The whole pandemic business puts everything in perspective. Life over holidays for as long as needed.
Isn't it weird to be sitting there with your own child wearing masks? Least it feels weird to me when we do it. Great idea for your grandson's pirate chest!
Dear Celia, aawww ;) cute cartoon.
It's so funny because my husband kept telling me, "Relax... It's not over until..."
And he sure was right.
But looks like she's done singing and we're sighing with relief.
Love the cartoon. Hope you are well, Celia!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home