My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Strange Times and a Plague Doctor

After much effort and a number of collapses of the sign-on site I got an appointment for the vaccine on this Saturday. It's at the Walla Walla Fairgrounds in the Pavilion where all the 4H stuff and the vendors are when the Fair in September comes. No Fair last or probably this year either. I got one of the earliest appointments and Heather, my dear daughter-in-law, is taking me. I texted her early this am with the details and she signed up her Aunt and Uncle. So she's spending her Saturday shuttling us back and forth. Her Mom managed to get her first shot Monday morning at a "pop-up" vax event. Over 800 people vaccinated there. Her Dad refused the offer to no one's surprise but then none of us will be giving Covid to him so it should all work out. Our small town still has one of the highest infection rates in the fine state of Washington so I'm happy we've all gotten started with this. 

This is our Plague Doctor

 When Covid-19 started in earnest this critter popped up online. It became my Grandgirl Isabel's heart's desire so I got her one. It's a Squishable a Plague Doctor."  A souvenir of a peculiar time in our lives. I bought it on a promotion. Right after we got it the price nearly tripled. I guess it was quite popular.


plague doctor was a physician who treated victims of the bubonic plague. 
You probably knew this but I didn't. I like Isabel's better.


I'm not sure why I have several kinds of type here. It's been that kind of day. I must have changed something. Other than Covid-19, most of the news has been dull. Delightful.


6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I am so glad you’ll be getting your vaccine so soon. We will not get ours until this summer.

January 22, 2021 at 4:38 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

I hadn't heard of the plague doctor. Congratulations on getting your shot soon. I'm envious. I won't qualify until spring. Sigh...

January 22, 2021 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

In Tucson when we finally get the vaccine, Safeway will also be giving the shots :)

January 23, 2021 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Yes, but it is so good to see you hear on a do nothing day. I had read about the Plaque Doctor. Those masks were supposed to keep them safe.

January 27, 2021 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Sadly whether you have the vaccine or not you can carry it to others. Therefore, we must still be careful and wear our masks as much as possible.

February 9, 2021 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

True, Tabor. We here will still all be masked and washing hands like crazy for as far out as we can see, vaccine or no.

February 10, 2021 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home