My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Shopping and Shots and Slicing

I've always been a little bit of a gear junkie but have not indulged myself for a very long time. I like to wash my dishes by hand. Makes those arthritic fingers happier. I tried various dish drainers and stuffed things under them to make them drain in the sink without success and they aren't dry by the next day. Then I found this. Not cheap but I love it and truly since I've been avoiding stores I have plumped my budget up. It drains into the sink through that spout on the bottom and dishes dry right away. Yahoo. Does't take much to make me happy.


 

I also got my second Pfizer vaccination last Saturday. My experience was the same as the first one. Slightly sore arm and slept most of the day Sunday. The real positive side effect was that a cloud of anxiety lifted. My life won't be changing much except now I'm not paying S-way a fortune to deliver groceries to me and I'm back to picking out my own vegetables hooray.

My eldest lovely Grand-girl who is remodeling her home managed to nearly slice her index finger off with a saws-all last Friday. Shattered the bone clear through. I've been shuttling her to the doctor and yesterday in for surgery on her hand. I didn't even know we actually had a hand surgeon here. Hooray! It looks good, I saw it without the bandages, healthy skin color and no infection so far but they can't guarantee the survival of the end of it as yet. She can actually feel the end of so I'm hopeful. It brought back memories of my grand-dad who was a shingle weaver in a saw mill.  He'd lost the ends of three fingers by the time I came along. When we asked him what happened to his fingers he used to tease us and say maybe they fell off and set us all to looking under the furniture for them, all anxious to be the one to find the missing digits. I'd be embarrassed to admit how many times I fell for that. 

I usually avoid political stuff but I'm very disappointed that our government and new President are doing an "oh well" and not pushing for some justice for about journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder by the Saudi's. If you have any interest this is the NYT's opinion column today The Murderous Monarch

Here's hoping for a quieter week and good healing for my girl. I'll see her later today. Be safe everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

OH MY GOSH! Her finger nearly sliced off? Yiiiikes! I'm so glad the surgery went well. And YAY for you that you got your 2nd shot. I'm hoping I can get my 2nd shot without a problem in a couple of weeks. That's when it's scheduled though that's a little later than optimum.

February 27, 2021 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Great that you can help your girl, Celia. I hope she heals quickly and well. I am thrilled you have the second dose of the vaccine too. Yay!

February 27, 2021 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Yikes, that finger slicing sounds awful and I hope it keeps healing up nicely. Congrats on that second shot. I should get mine March 8th and can't wait. Has to be such a relief. Enjoy your new freedom though I guess we still have to mask up and be careful.

February 28, 2021 at 5:45 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Yes, I so hope she will be fine. Thanks for helping her. Yes, glad about the vaccine too.

February 28, 2021 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

That looks like a major piece of industrial machinery! Glad you got your second shot.

February 28, 2021 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

My only comment on the Saudi item is that it is far far more complicated than the public knows. I am willing for them to work something out. It is scary to see a grandchild in pain or danger and glad it is working out well for her.

February 28, 2021 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home