Vaccine, Grapenuts and Snow
All the groceries stores here are out of Grape Nuts. I called and the Safeway store manager said Post cereals is having supply chain problem. I found 2 boxes at BiMart and took one. I am back to cooking oatmeal in the mornings. It's a favorite too with dried cranberries. Still can't get Clorox wipes for love nor money but I live alone and soap and water works just fine. Are you still finding some things hard to buy?
I have my second vaccine (Pfizer) shot appointment this coming Saturday at 8:30am. I was was very tired after the first one and slept most of the day Sunday. That was all. My MD said it will most likely happen again this time. She also told me not to take antihistamines or analgesics for 48 hours before the shot. Apparently those items interfere with the effectiveness of the vaccine. Now four out of five of our family elders are vaccinated plus my daughter in law Heather who is medical personnel. She's the one who took us all to the vaccine clinics and several other stray elders she located. She is a very stand up young woman.
I will be comfortable enough to go shop up my own groceries at one of two smaller and less busy grocery stores here. Their produce is much better than the major store brands here deliver. The big store apples and tomatoes look like they had to walk all the way here.
A snow storm is coming in tomorrow maybe 14" over the next week. Ugh. But last year at this time we had a nasty flood. People lost their homes and farm critters. It also damaged three bridges in our small town. Mill Creek runs through the center of downtown Walla Walla. So a slow melting pile of snow is an improvement. February - crikey.
February 07, 2020 Mill Creek, Walla Walla, WA
Stay well and warm everyone.


8 Comments:
It good to hear you will have the second vaccine. We are way behind you here. Not until this summer we figure. Take care.
Love the cartoon. We can find everything we need here in PA -- everything except the vaccine, that is.
Goodness haven't thought of Grapenuts in ages. Use to be my favorite cereal. May have to try it again.
Didn't know that about antihistamines 48 hours prior to the vaccine. I got the Moderna and hope it is not the same rules. Think I had one 24 hours before mine.
Glad you are getting your shots. Seems we are finally on the down curve, although our Super Bowl will create a spike. I have both shots scheduled as well. The first in a few days. I have been shopping remotely because it helps those drivers who need money and it keeps me safe. They are always making substitutes to m shopping list. Always hard to get some stuff. Supply change problems will be around for quite a while because we import so much.
Good to hear you are doing well.
I have gone back to my hot Oatmeal breakfast: with dried cranberries, honey, turmeric, olive oil, chopped nuts, and whole milk... yummy and warms me up nicely!
I was sure I commented on this post, but I must have missed the send button. Our supply lines are also difficult and several things cannot be found n the shelves. It may get worse if this spreads more as we are all so global!
My mother and husband have both had their second Pfizer shots. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my 2nd one scheduled next month. They didn't get any reactions which was great.
We like our oatmeal with dried cranberries, apricots and fresh blueberries and bananas.
Just thinking how poor countries struggling to get vaccine.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home