Haircut Treat
I passed the two week mark since completing both vaccine shots. Sooo (drumroll) I got my hair cut for the first time in a year yesterday. I meant to take a photo of the inside of the salon but forgot. It's in a remodeled livery stable. The ceilings are at least 2 stories up and there is a lot of floor space. This is a view of Misbehaven at front door from the parking lot. The building fascinates me, as do all old buildings. I think about who worked and lived in them and who built them and off I go into my imagination. Then I start looking for the history of the building or the area. There is a lot of history here. The Whitman Mission site is nearby. A place called Frenchtown was here, a settlement of French Canadian fur traders and their families. Fort Walla Walla which occupied several sites over time. The Whitman Mission was nearby enabling settlers in a land grab here and then wars. But I digress.
It's my birthday soon so I made an appointment here for a pedicure for myself. It's beginning to be a little difficult to reach my toes these days, age and sitting on my duff so much lately I suppose. But I'm looking forward to it.
I started going here when my my grandgirl Natty began working there. Nat works there almost full-time at the front desk ever since her college studies went online. She's saving her dollars in wait for the day her University opens up again. She just about to move to school when the plague hit last year and the campus closed.
It's very sunny here lately. A little chilly but not bad. The weather peeps say sun for the next few days. The plants are appearing at the stores here now. I'm looking at my patio and thinking about what colors I want this year. And feeding the birds. We do have humming birds here so I'm starting out with a feeder for them first. I'm really looking forward to being able to sit out there with my coffee in the morning. I could now if I bundled up I guess, ha ha ha, not likely. Here's my new hummingbird feeder just before I filled it with fresh made food.
I did put out bird feed this winter but it looked to me like the squirrels got it first. Does anyone know of any mostly squirrel proof bird feeders that worked for them?



5 Comments:
The squirrel proof feeders don’t work here from what I’ve seen.
I am glad to hear you have both vaccinations. It must be such a relief!
I know exactly what you were feeling. I get my second shot tomorrow and in two weeks hopefully I can find a beautician that can straighten out what I have done to hair. It will be my first move. Pedicure huh? That might make the list also. Enjoy your new freedom.
Nope, no bird feeders are squirril proof. Check on YouTube that should give you a grand laugh.
Yay! I'm so glad you were able to get a haircut. I thought you might show a photo of it. We had a bird feeder in Illinois that had a plexiglass dome over it.
https://www.amazon.com/Aspects-182-Super-Dome/dp/B000P1TB9K/ref=sr_1_60?dchild=1&keywords=squirrel-proof+bird+feeder+with+plexiglass+dome&qid=1616465671&sr=8-60
This is something I found on Amazon. The dome part anyway. There was a tube type feeder below it and it did work very well.
There is a line of feeders called Squirrel Busters and I have found them pretty effective.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home