And a Good Time Was Had by Almost All
Spring, at least last week. Flowering trees everywhere. I wore toeless sandals to the doctor's office Friday and because it was 70°outside with a short-sleeved blouse and my favorite light cotton baggy pants. She noted I weighed four pounds less than I did when she saw me two weeks ago. Ha, ha. I said I was pretty certain that I had on at least four pounds less of clothing, maybe more. I almost took the extra wool blanket off my bed but then the temperatures have dropped about 15 degrees for the next week so will remain in my cocoon a bit longer.
We have an amazing amount of flowering cherry and pink and white dogwoods here.
Last night my family took advantage of a deal by our local multiplex movie theater. Depending on the film it's a $100 to $120 to rent a whole theater for up to of your favorite 20 people. My youngest son has 9 kids for starters, 9 years old through 23. We get to 20 easily. Most of us are vaccinated including some our "young adults." The first time we saw "News of the World" - excellent. Last night we saw "Godzilla vs. King Kong." My daughter-in-law hated it. DIL probably has better taste than some of us. The rest of us had a great time. Because it's just us everyone feels free to cheer, boo, then comment on the special effects, the blah story, and the bad guys finally biting it. Pre-film both of my sons and I reminisced about when they were grade-schoolers and I was a pooped single Mom. Saturday mornings we three camped out on my bed with cheerios and fruit and watched many Godzilla flicks on the TV. Yes, I snoozed through some but they replayed them over and over, pretty sure I've seen them all. I love films of many genres (not horror however) and so do they, still. They also enjoy horror films, ack, to each his own.
I hope your Easter is good, however you choose to celebrate it.
This morning I enjoyed reading Tom's Sightings Over Sixty with links to people commenting on re-entry to the world post vaccination. I am taking the cautious road. I watched my church's Easter Service online. I would have loved to go but when it came down to it I skipped it. We recently had a case of a variant virus in WA and I am have some of those with "underlying condition,." So I will take it slow and cautiously. No one asked me but I don't think it's over and no one knows exactly how long the vax protection lasts.


6 Comments:
We just watched a Godzilla movie the other night too. That was rather fun. We're also being rather cautious even though the three of us got both our shots. I have certain relatives who think we're being too cautious, but it just makes me nervous with my 91 year old mother at home.
The blooms are gorgeous.
What a great way to see a movie in a theatre. A family event with commentary.
I think you are wise to be cautious still.
Hi. Speaking of which ... we're still streaming. I read the book "News of the World" which I thought was okay, not great, but I am interested to see what they do for the movie. You can hardly miss with Tom Hanks.
What a creative and practically safe way to watch a movie and at a pretty decent price.
Like you, I am fully vaccinated but am still being careful. I would hate to have wasted this whole last year and have it be for nothing by getting sick. We will get there.
You've made a few comments lately. Thank you.
Wait... You could rent a movie theater? That is just awesome!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home