Onward
Again, it's been a long time since I blogged. I think for awhile I was trying to sleep through my version of "home alone" as Covid makes it way through our state and my town. We are still high risk, sigh. But, I'm vaccinated and still masked and shopping up my own groceries again, hooray.
As the Memorial Day weekend approaches and the majority of my family are vaccinated several of them are taking to the road to travel for the first time in ages. Used to be none of us would travel on a holiday weekend unless we had to do so. Now as the opportunities open up (like the ability to get gasoline and bathrooms along the way) off we go. Or they go actually. I'm staying home and am excited. My sister and her son Nikos are visiting on their way to take him to his summer job in Whitefish, Montana. They are coming from Portland and will overnight with me. I have not seen Nikos for a least two+ years what with the plague and him being away for college. I'm very excited. And Susan, who is my youngest sister, and I haven't visited for at least a year and a half. We are all going with my eldest son Chris out to dinner at my favorite Indian Cuisine restaurant here. I'm pretty excited and having trouble sleeping. "Are they here yet?"
I started cleaning on Monday. I even cleaned the refrigerator, ha, ha, no one in my family would care. But the sheets are all changed (a challenge for this old woman) and the bathroom and the kitchen are clean. I'm sure I'll sleep tonight.
Meanwhile my youngest son and his family are headed for Vernal, Utah to see the dinosaur museum and other sights, or sites. He was a geology major in college and loves getting out and showing his kids what some of the world was made of and the geological sights there can be pretty amazing and primitive. Another bunch has made it the Washington Coast and are enscounced in a victorian hotel. they also had a fishing charter scheduled but the weather is being not good. May on the WA and OR coasts is wildly unpredictable. May they all travel safely.
How are you spending your memorial day weekend? May it be good.


7 Comments:
You sound excited. I can’t blame you. Enjoy your sister’s visit and time with your nephew too. I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.
I'm not going to Vernal. G's brother lives there. They do have a wonderful BLM site on the greeen river with seeing as well as the Dinosaurs.
Our week-end will be getting the vacation trailer ready to head north through CA to the farm. We are not thrilled at it but the farm needs the hand of Ranch Boss. Glad you are having such an exciting visit from family. I also miss family with where we live and then that pandemic interfering with everything.
My weekend is bland. No visitors and no events. I am sure my family is traveling hither and yon now that they are all vacinnated. They are never the type to let most grow under their feet.
We did go to a relative's daughter's 1st birthday drive through. However, would you believe my 91 year old mom tripped on the curb while going to see the baby and skinned her knee. There are dangers out there now that we're actually taking my mom out of the house more, and it's not all COVID. Still, it was nice to be out.
We're being a bit more relaxed out here in Hawaii although we continue to mask up when we go into stores.
We're still under fairly strict lockdown in Ontario, so no one is going too far yet or meeting too many people. But new cases are down by a fair bit, and Canada is now #3 in the world for % vaccinated with one shot.
Visiting family is a blessing. I'm so pleased for you.
Not doing much this Memorial weekend. Raining cats and dogs outdoors.
Stay well and keep smiling.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home