My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, June 4, 2021

Signs of Life and Changes


Yesterday I got email from the local theater group, The Little Theater of  Walla Walla. I had completely forgotten about them after two lost seasons due to the "Plague."  They hoping for a season this fall/winter and there's a meeting for members the end of July. I was going to start volunteering when they had to close  so this was good news for me. I can still paint scenery and like getting out and delivering posters to businesses.  Then I got something in the mail from Fort Walla Walla Museum opening again. I used to volunteer for them too. It has several buildings and on the downhill side a pioneer village. It's a great place to take the kids because it is entirely fenced, only one way in and out, and even a small child running can't really get away. Plus there's a small playground.

I do have grandkids next week for a day. The last of their kind. They're 9 and 10.  All the others are older and busy. The 14 year olds I had last summer will soon be 15 and are picking strawberries and deliver newspapers all week. Actually since they are experienced pickers they are working in the "shed" sorting and packing berries. It's out of the sun and pays better. 


Photo: Walla Walla Union Bulletin

It's sort of the second coming of Empty Nest Syndrome.  It's probably time though.  The day after they're here, no matter how helpful they are, I nap a lot that next day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Walla Walla brings back a memory of a funny Sunday school chorus. I think it was used to rhyme with Guatemala. It was silly even then.

June 4, 2021 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Looks like you will be in demand and with some fun stuff. That is a sign things are edging back to normal. Finally.
Glad you still have grands young enough to be fun. Otherwise you would have to wait on the great grands and we don't want to rush the grands:)

June 4, 2021 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Time with the grandchildren is great but tiring for sure. It sounds like life will return to normal soon.

June 5, 2021 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Oh gosh! This reminds me of my summers working at the Dole Pineapple cannery. At least it was indoors. That’s tough work to be crouching down to pick berries.

June 5, 2021 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

We visited the Whitman Mission in 2018 when we traveled the Oregon Trail. Very interesting. Guess we need to make a second trip to see the theater and the fort.

June 6, 2021 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

One summer I got to pack string beans. lol

June 11, 2021 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home