My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, January 21, 2022

No More Sitting on My Imagination

 At last after 10 months I have a sofa in my living room . I've been making do with a recliner and the dining room chairs.  I ordered a custom sofa but every now and then the salesman would call and apologetically tell me it was delayed. Last week my brain turned back on and I called him and asked if I could cancel the order and put the money on something they had in stock that could be delivered soon. "Sure he said." So I went in with my son Dave and his wifie Heather.  We browsed and sat, actually Heather and I sat, her legs are about the same length as mine and I no longer need to buy a sofa to fit my very tall sons. Scott the salesman said it would be in my house in 8-10 days. It's a nicer sofa than the one I ordered and was a little more expensive but it came with those matching pillows. It was delivered four days later. He also took 5% off the price because he said I was kind to him when he had to call with bad delivery news. It seems most people yelled at him, as though he had control over anything that is going on with deliveries these days.  Not a fun part of his job. 

This is the third sofa I have purchased from this store and they were all good. The first one was too big for my condo when I sold my house, but still in good shape. So I gave it away. The second was a black leather couch that wasn't my favorite though my grandkids liked it. So when one of them decided to get married and bought a house I told her/them if they liked it they could have it. They did and it went away that day. This should be the last one. It's a gray fabric that looks better in the living room. Doesn't overwhelm it. And it's just my size so I don't have to jump down off of it. Hooray! 


9 Comments:

Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I love that discount you got for being nice. It shows how these times are wearing on people if just being nice stands out enough for a discount.
Really nice couch and so glad it fits you. Know that feeling too. Enjoy.

January 22, 2022 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Yay for sofas and kindness to sales people. How true about sofas for tall people. I hadn’t thought of that but it is so true.

January 22, 2022 at 4:47 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We gave our couch away after we moved here, but we still have a ‘Love Seat’ from that set. That and 4 reclining chairs constitute our small living room furniture. Sue and I use two chairs, everything else only used when we have visitors.

January 22, 2022 at 5:40 AM  
Blogger DrumMajor said...

That's a nice one. Yes, I'm short with short thighs, so I usually feel like I'm in a high chair for most sofas. Your choice looks good for taking a nap too! Linda in Kansas

January 22, 2022 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

You also have a new format. This makes me think harder and try to remember who you are!

January 26, 2022 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Tabor - the new format just appeared, from out of nowhere. Blogger is a mystery to me lately.

January 26, 2022 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Gosh I also wondered where your regular wallpaper or background or whatever it's called went. I find google and FB and everything else has glitches from time to time.

love your new sofa. Congrats!

February 2, 2022 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Dawn P. said...

Oh my goodness; I have this EXACT SAME SOFA, same color etc. I got mine from Rooms to Go three years ago and last year I got a coordinating side chair and a gray recliner from Rooms to Go to finish off the furniture in the room. My 20+ yr old sofa was sagging and had broken bits and had to go !!! Then last year the 20+ yr old recliner and 20+ yr old side chair bit the dust... so, Rooms To Go to the rescue. I love my sofa and chair and recliner - all so very well made and so comfy !!!!

February 3, 2022 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

I love it! I would buy that sofa too. It's great that you also got a discount!

March 19, 2022 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home