The New Year is Here
I wish you a Happy New Year. Been awhile since I've posted but here goes...
I may never sing "Let it Snow" again. There is over a foot of the white stuff sitting on my patio. And it is 6 degrees this morning. My niece in North Dakota laughed and said it was -40 on their farm. They win but we aren't used to this. And there's more coming. My son and daughter-in-law have been grocery shopping for me and the cable people came out to restore my broken connection so I can bother people online again. The music of dripping water fills my condo as I leave the faucets on a little so the pipes don't freeze. But when the sun came out it was gorgeous.
Last night I missed one of big events of the year for my family. My Grandgirl Mya's wedding. Here she is dancing with her father my youngest son David. I am so happy for them. Married on New Year's Eve. I was home being sick, no not Covid but likely the flu. No idea where I caught it, but there you are. I saw this wedding via Zoom. The magic of tech. Now they can celebrate their anniversary to fireworks and parties.
I did not miss the other big event. Early in November Grandgirl Mimi had a beautiful baby boy Issac and now I am a Great-Grandmother. He really is a sweet little baby. Four Aunties with a great Grandson pre-wedding. His Mom came down with Covid and was absent.
Sadly, my daughter-in-law Heather's younger brother Heath died from Covid on December 19th. He was a great guy, the kind we need more of and he left behind a sweet wife and two children, 10 and 15. He went into the hospital the day before Thanksgiving and it will be awhile before we see the holidays the same way.
That's all folks. May we all gather blessings in the coming year.

4 Comments:
Sorry about missing the wedding, at least missing it in person. And about that death in the extended family. Stay warm.
So good to see you again. Lots of news too. So sad about the family member and Covid. A birth and marriage too…so much of life to experience in a short time.
I hope you feel better soon, great grandma. Congratulations to the newlyweds as well.
Congrats, great grandma! So pleased you could watch the wedding via zoom. Magic technology indeed! I don't know what I'd do with it. I video call my kids and grands every week. Living in OK now and I miss them all.
Such sad news about the death of Heath. I feel for his wife and young children.
Big hugs, and keep on blogging (I need to get back to it as well).
I'm so sorry you missed being at the wedding and sorry for the loss of that relative. But congratulations on becoming a great-grandmother. That is very special.
-40 degrees? OH MY GOSH!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home