I Need to Get Out More Covid or Not
Won't match my bathroom decor but I have a son who would love it. In my opinion they hung the toilet paper incorrectly ha ha ha.
Since Covid began I feel as though I have been living alone in a cave for the better part of two years due to my age and the usual "underlying conditions." Early on we called off our Tuesday night family dinners. We are dining together again. We are all doubled vaxxed and boosted except for the 10 year-olds who have just recently started their rounds. They are home schooled so their exposure is less. After my second vax I started shopping up my own groceries again. I really like picking out my own fruits and veggies. And I went to a few movies with my sons and many grandkids. 'Shang-Chi." I am an uncurable Marvel fan. Plus, among others it starred Tony Leung Chui-wai, one of my favorite actors. I think he was worth the price of a ticket. We have one theater here and you can reserve your seats and they are filling only every other row. Our town's national covid rating per the New York Times is very high. Yesterday's tally was 175 new cases in our town of about 30,000. It's been 200-250 for weeks. The good news is that though the ICU is quite full here no one has died in quite awhile. So I am taking the 10 year-olds, Ella and Jacob, to their fencing classes Sunday. I will mask up and keep my distance and take pictures. Their father calls it their "stabbing class."
Tuesday was the Lunar New Year so we ordered out for Chinese food and got little red fortune cards and some other related decor and we really had a fun time. Everyone wanted to read their fortune out loud and it caused a lot of laughing. Laughing is good. My almost 3 month-old great-grandson was awake and went from lap to lap around the table and now he laughs when everyone else does. This is my son the newly crowned Grandpa (also the father of the "stabbers") with his grandbabe.

8 Comments:
Yay for getting out and about again. Congratulations on the new little sweetie! How wonderful to have a great grandchild!
Living with C does get wearying. After yet another pause, we are edging back into normality nice again. We’ll resume family dinners tonight for a birthday gathering.
How nice to be tasting a wee bit of normal once more. If nothing else, we will now appreciate these moments so much more.
Laughter is ALWAYS the best medicine. Throw in a precious child and you are in heaven.
My grandsons would LOVE your that toilet roll holder. I haven't been to a movie in a long, long time. 2 years for sure. I would love to see Shang-Chi but I guess I'll have to check it out in video now.
Year of the tiger 🐯
I'm so glad you're able to go out again. We are too, but worried about that variant that is now spreading. Doggone it! That toilet roll holder would be a GIGANTIC hit with my grandsons.
Oh my! You have a beautiful new great grandson. That's awesome!
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your comment. I just returned from an overseas trip which was spooky when you think of COVID lurking around every corner of the world. Fingers crossed that tests will be negative when we get a PCR test.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home