My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, March 31, 2023

Exercise

 


Today is my first day in rehab. I haven't been out walk for exercise since last fall. A winter of assorted respiratory bugs kept me inside. I have eight weeks of this and I am really looking forward to it. I am SO out of shape. I truly regret having sold my exercise bike but there was no room for it in my condo except in the living room. I shouldn't have been so picky and the grandkids all liked it anyway. One of them always chose that for seating.

Spring is trying to come here. Still very overcast, occasional rain and often very windy. Blow away your trash can windy not anything worse than an occasional winter damaged branch coming down. Cherry blossoms are showing and birds are singing outside again. 

I finished reading Abigail Thomas' "Still Life at Eighty." She is a new to me as an author. It's very interesting, as I am 81. I'm not quite sure what I think of it. Some of it was familiar and some of it not. I'm going to read it again and put my thoughts on post-its on the pages where I wondered about what she said, Then I'm loaning it with my post-its to my daughter-in-law. 


4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

i hope rehab goes well. It is rainy and sleety out there this morning — not at all inviting.

April 1, 2023 at 4:30 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Good luck with the rehab. I recently had a second bout of Covid and couldn’t walk the boardwalk for three weeks or so. It has been hard to get back to what I was able to do before I got sick. Take your time. You’ll make progress each day. Let us know how it is going!

April 2, 2023 at 6:27 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

While I do not like exercise I am so sure that it is necessary for me to live healthy untile the end. I am moving toward getting back into a routine.

April 3, 2023 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

My 93 year old mother still walks on the treadmill we got her. I think she gets more exercise than me.

May 21, 2023 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home