Hotter and hotter
It is crackling hot here. It's about a month early here. Forgive me, I know we are not as bad off as those in Texas and some other places. We are under a Red Flag Warning. Fires popping up all around us. We are in that pointy dark pink area E of Kennewick. I like how it highlights "ick" on the map. Prayers and good wishes for all our firefighters and cohorts out working with them.
Meanwhile, my youngest son's family is camping farther north in the light pink area. That's about normal for that area. They are on a reservoir on the Snake River with his boat hauling in Salmon. Every one who can hold a pole has a license and they are bringing in salmon that he and his wife freeze, can and dry. My 12 year-old grandkids as well as my son's 83 year old father is there and my son's 21 month old grandson. It's one of the highlights of the summer. Lots of swimming and cooking outdoors on camp stoves (no fires allowed). Hopefully they will send some pictures soon. I'm a wimp, it's too hot for me. Grandpa however in his wisdom has opted for a motel room for the nights. Smart.
This is my now 12 year old grandgirl three years ago. And yes, she reeled that in herself. Yum, yum.
Hope you are fire free where are you are.

6 Comments:
Rain here keeps everything soggy after a few days heat. Stay cool, Celia!
Camping for me means tents, and Ima gunna tell ya, that I am well beyond that. I expect that it doesn’t mean tents for most people, however.
Oh my! That is very impressive! I hope she enjoys it when it's prepared for her.
I hope everything cools down for all of you on the mainland. My daughter in Illinois told me it's hot there as well.
I just hope Hawaii is not hit with a heat wave too.
Weather is OK here in Hawaii. I sure hope it cools down for the rest of the country. Wow! That's a big fish!
Beautiful blog
Hi Celia,
For a minute there I got confused thinking you were hot right now, but I see that your post was from July.
It's hot over here in Hawaii. I can't wait till it starts cooling down in a month or two.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home