Friday, December 28, 2012



The snow is up in the hills.  We've got a little freezing fog this morning but no snow here like last year.  Our little town is flat so not much trouble to drive with snow but I'm lazy and don't like spending the time cleaning the snow off and defrosting all the windows.  We are having a little end of December freeze though, 27° F at 6:30am or -3° C.  I'm trying to learn to recognize the Celsius temps.

Every year I try to ignore making resolutions and every year I think "oh, but I should really work on fill in the blanks."  I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards again both in a housekeeping sense and removing the chips, old cans of frosting (which I would eat with a spoon if stressed), and other quasi-food items that would fatten me up some more.  I am happy though that I gained no weight this year, but I would still like to dump the another five pounds.  My pants are too tight again.  And my tops are too big, gravity has taken the extra pounds and migrated them south.  So, I guess some kind of regular walking program is in order.  Ye gods, it's 27° out there.  I'm not walking anywhere but to the car.  So maybe aerobics to a DVD in front of the TV.  I used to have a stationary bike that I rode through the news every evening but even with a cushy gel seat it was a pain in rear. 

Today is my DIL's birthday.  She has become my daughter, I've been so lucky to have her. We are gathering for BBQ rib and chicken dinner at the restaurant of a friend.  Usually she won't accept birthday celebrations until well into January as her birthday is so hard onto Christmas.  So, lulled into complacence I have no gift for her.  It will be a busy day.  Gift to acquire (I have a plan), she has 8 kids she and son have acquired in assorted ways, the possibilities are endless for things like tickets with babysitting, dinner with babysitting, dinner for the kids here away from home and so on.  I also need to go pay my AAA membership, membership to the Senior Center, membership to the Fort Walla Walla Museum, and change out my 2012 purse calendar to the 2013 one. 

How are you wrapping up your year?  Did you make any resolutions?  In spite of my speculation above I have not.  Peace to you all.

3 comments:

Grannymar said...

I like the idea of tickets with free babysitting thrown in!

A list of resolutions? I am think about one or two right now. That is resolutions and not Lists! The trick is not to over fill it. Right?

I hope 2013 will be a good one for you.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am still contemplating what my resolution will be!

Wendy said...

Sounds like my life. Cleaning cupboards, throwing out half-eaten chocolate bars (rather than icing), worrying about fat around the middle or further south.....

Resolutions? Oh, I'd forgotten all about that. The past 2 years, I've just chosen a word that I would repeat all year. Two years ago it was "confidence" because I needed a truckload of that to get through the grief and paperwork after my hubby passed away.
Last year it was "strength" because I needed lots of that to function.
This year? Hmmm. Not sure. I'll think about it.