Tonight we are having a new kind of family dinner. The family tradition has been taken on by the younger members with a few changes. It's at my youngest son's house and is now a potluck. Today I'm making salads, coleslaw and Waldorf salad. There's 16 more or less of us and it's good to share the cooking. We have some who are allergic to fruit and nuts, therefore the two selections tonight, my choice as I wanted the Waldorf. The main dish is shared by two people, someone is bringing dessert, and one more is bringing the side dish. The eight kids get to set and clear the tables and do the dishes. One advantage is the babies are at home and can be plunked in their own beds on time when their day is over.
It's also the day I teach art to my homeschoolers and I'm not quite prepared again. I napped a lot this weekend trying to kick one of those fall colds that appear from nowhere. It worked but I got nothing done Monday either. We are going to mimic those wine and art bars, I'm thinking Vine Gogh in Portland, Oregon, only we''ll be having hot chocolate or lemonade. I haven't made an art selection yet. Better get with it. Making coleslaw to Dave Mathews "Live at Red Rocks" album. I hope my blogger friends have a good day today.
7 Comments:
I'm normally not a salad eater but lately I have really began enjoying caesar salad.
O.E. I like green salads and fruit salads, but this is the first time I have ever made coleslaw, not really a cabbage fan.
We are having a grand but housewifery day here. Lovely slaw, and I bet the Waldorf is grand. I like it too. Found two new salads this week, one a zucchini and cucumber with red onion, basil, red wine vinegar and olive oil. The other worked well too: Potatoes, scallions cut into long sections, that basil again, with wine vinegar and oil. Both delicious.
I hope the family pot luck dinner went well. I love to mix fruit, seeds nuts & olives into my salads. If I know of guests that dislike them, I serve them in little bowls for guests to help themselves.
I like the ides that Mage mentioned and am going to add them to my list.
Well written!
Looks yummy to me!!!!!
I think potlucks are the way to go- leaves no one with a huge job of cooking and gets everyone together which is the whole point! Have a great day!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home