Autumnal
It's been raining lightly for over a week. It perks me up being from Seattle. Walla Walla just recently slid over the 10" rain mark for the year. We really needed this. About 50 miles outside of town snow has fallen on the Grizzly Bear Complex fire that was still slowly growing. The roads have been opened up there and an acquaintance was up there a few nights ago getting a look at an aurora borealis that showed up. Coming back down in the dark they had to stop while a herd of elk meandered across the road in the dark. I wonder if it's because of the fire but there seems to a lot more deer showing up in town, and deer and elk on the roadways nearby. Feed must be scarce wouldn't you think? There was a moose/car collision near town. Uncommon here.
And "Doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my back door" the maple tree has covered the patio with leaves. One of my grand-girls has gathered them to make something for her bedroom wall. We brought them in to dry and pressed them under some books.
My sister Pam and her spouse are coming here from Portland for Thanksgiving. She says they are bringing everything, cooking, and cleaning at my house. Great for me! They are some of my favorite people. One of my sons will join us and it will be nice and laid back. They are staying in a hotel. Something we all do, let's you sneak off for a nap or to read, and doesn't leave the host/hostess with extra laundry. We are all somewhat introverted and like to have blocks of space to decompress. It was a huge relief when we admitted it. The whole family seems to be the all on or all off variety. I wasn't that way when I was younger but things change.
Doing some fall cleaning, got bags of clothes for St. Vinnies, infant and baby toys, odds and ends. Some of it has come straight out of packing boxes from two years ago into the give away boxes. It just keeps coming.
I'm still 15 pounds heavier than last spring so I reluctantly bought some new pants that don't strangle me when I sit down. My doc says it could be antibiotics. What? "Well," he says "that's what they give critters to make them heavier and fatter." Ha, me and the Thanksgiving turkey. I am on my 6th dose this year; three from the aftermath of last Christmas' flu and bronchial infection, and three recently for a UTI I can't seem to shake. It is not MRSA or it's ilk but it is drug resistant. Cross your fingers this last one does the trick. You all know I don't want to buy anymore fat pants.
And "Doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my back door" the maple tree has covered the patio with leaves. One of my grand-girls has gathered them to make something for her bedroom wall. We brought them in to dry and pressed them under some books.
My sister Pam and her spouse are coming here from Portland for Thanksgiving. She says they are bringing everything, cooking, and cleaning at my house. Great for me! They are some of my favorite people. One of my sons will join us and it will be nice and laid back. They are staying in a hotel. Something we all do, let's you sneak off for a nap or to read, and doesn't leave the host/hostess with extra laundry. We are all somewhat introverted and like to have blocks of space to decompress. It was a huge relief when we admitted it. The whole family seems to be the all on or all off variety. I wasn't that way when I was younger but things change.
Doing some fall cleaning, got bags of clothes for St. Vinnies, infant and baby toys, odds and ends. Some of it has come straight out of packing boxes from two years ago into the give away boxes. It just keeps coming.
I'm still 15 pounds heavier than last spring so I reluctantly bought some new pants that don't strangle me when I sit down. My doc says it could be antibiotics. What? "Well," he says "that's what they give critters to make them heavier and fatter." Ha, me and the Thanksgiving turkey. I am on my 6th dose this year; three from the aftermath of last Christmas' flu and bronchial infection, and three recently for a UTI I can't seem to shake. It is not MRSA or it's ilk but it is drug resistant. Cross your fingers this last one does the trick. You all know I don't want to buy anymore fat pants.



6 Comments:
The burn scars are going to be a worrisome thing this winter. It doesn't really get cold enough here to make the leaves turn as much as elsewhere.
Have an awesome Thanksgiving with your crew. Part of mine is coming here for the day and I can hardly wait. Have missed them!
Sorry to read about your battle with an infection. They are getting nastier and nastier and I hope you lick this one. That was a lucky and wise break through in coming to an understanding with your family. Family get togethers can be so tricky.
Fall is especially fun with kids. I still recall ruining my mothers iron by pressing leaves in wax paper. I wanted them to last, you see.
Yes, I too went up one size this year. But I too have taken too many antibiotics.
How nice to have your family and their gift of a meal to visit. Yes, we are like you all. Sleep in a hotel. It helps.
Fall is such a time for renewal - cleaning out and cleaning up! I still have things packed in boxes too.
I hope your infection gets better. UTI's are very unpleasant!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family.
Hugs
I hope you shake that bug. Read an article this week about the growing menace of superbugs.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home