Happy Thanksgiving
Norman Rockwell made several of my favorite Thanksgiving scenes. This one reminds me of my Grandmother Laura. Our Grandpa didn't wear a suit but Grandma Laura would have been in her dress, stockings and "sensible" heels. Dinner was served on a round oak table in the kitchen. The kid's table was a card table(s) in the living room. It was a tiny house filled with love and excellent food. How all of us managed to squeeze in still baffles me, sometimes all four of their kids were there with all 13 of us cousins. Loud and happy. I wish you all this kind of joy.


3 Comments:
Love the header!
Can’t beat Rockwell! Great memory Celia.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Just delightful images. Thank you very much. I hope you had a happy day.
Hoping your Thanksgiving was awesome.
Great memories of Thanksgiving at my grandparents. I remember what a big deal it was when I was old enough to set at the grownups table, my grandmother's delicious bread and butter pickles, and my grandpa setting in his leather chair singing songs of Ireland in his beautiful tenor voice.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home