Traveling
The kids are off on their long awaited trip to Disneyland. For two weeks I have heard the daily announcement by this little grandgirl telling me just how long it was until they left. I don't think she slept the two nights before. It's just Mom, Dad and the four youngest. The eldest are in school and working and have already been there a couple of times. I am one of the assigned visitors to the homestead in the meantime.

Seven year-old conquers the dark side.
Since it's quiet I am catching up on my so-called spring cleaning. I hauled all the blankets to the drop-off laundromat. They did such a nice job and fast too. I used to go and do it myself but I think it's worth a little extra to me to just have it done.
In the meantime I had little scare. I developed a leaky boob and since two of my sisters have had breast cancers I called in and was then prodded, probed and sent in for a 3-D mammogram and an ultrasound. Then they called the doctor in which scared me but it was only to tell me I was okay. It was an infected mammary duct. That hasn't happened since my kidlets were nursing babies. Turns out it happens to old women too. I am grateful. Now I'm thinking about traveling myself. I haven't seen my sisters in ages nor my friend Joy who is really a sister. Today at 77 waiting seems pointless since I am able to do it. I talked to Joy and we are hunting up a destination somewhere between our two homes. Sometimes I need a little slap up side the head to get on track again.
In the meantime I had little scare. I developed a leaky boob and since two of my sisters have had breast cancers I called in and was then prodded, probed and sent in for a 3-D mammogram and an ultrasound. Then they called the doctor in which scared me but it was only to tell me I was okay. It was an infected mammary duct. That hasn't happened since my kidlets were nursing babies. Turns out it happens to old women too. I am grateful. Now I'm thinking about traveling myself. I haven't seen my sisters in ages nor my friend Joy who is really a sister. Today at 77 waiting seems pointless since I am able to do it. I talked to Joy and we are hunting up a destination somewhere between our two homes. Sometimes I need a little slap up side the head to get on track again.



5 Comments:
Whew...quite a scare. I am happy it turned out well, Celia. Enjoy your vacation.
Hope they have a great time, and you are good to help by holding down the fort at home.
We took the kids when they were little, and I chaperoned two class trips to DL when they were in high school. That was enough for me and them. None of us have been back since.
Perfection. Can you take a train?
Yes, Mage,I can and I love trains.
Hi Celia! How wonderful that you were able to enjoy Disneyland. I haven't been there in about 35 years, since my children were little. I would love to go back and see it again.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home