My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, February 23, 2013


It's still February so maybe it was goofy to think I had escaped the flu.  Oddly enough I had a doctor appointment yesterday and I was told I had the flu although I had certainly guessed.  Today I am not going anywhere.  What can I say, everyone knows how it feels.  I've been maniacally swabbing everything down with Clorox wipes.  I think it would be easier to just quit doing anything and go back to bed.  I am going to call the kids and ask them to pick up a roast chicken and hot soup (chicken of course) at the grocery and fling it through the door and run away.

My sister Susan who is awaiting her radiation therapy in Oregon has it too.  Since she teaches 4th grade I think it's amazing she made it this far without catching it.  I am glad she is tucked in at home with her family for a few days.  I wonder if they will postpone due to the flu. 

Thank you all for your comments and emails of good wishes for my sisters being treated for breast cancer right now.  They are both doing well and we were lucky it was caught so early.  We were also relieved they were both told there was no genetic component.  We have many grandgirls and nieces and this is good news for them.

Be well out there. 

5 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

Oh, I did not know about your sisters. What a very difficult time for you and them. Please hang tight and keep thinking good thoughts so that you will get well soon.

February 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Well that doesn't sound like much fun. Take care of yourself. Soon it'll be spring-- i hope

February 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh goodness!! I hope you feel better my friend

February 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

get well soon! Thanks for all your nice comments!

February 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Yes, wonderful news about the genetic connection. I'm so sorry that you have the flu. Yes, please go to bed.

February 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home