Lake Bennington in March, drained and waiting for spring.
Just thinking about winter this morning. I had no pithy thoughts so here are a couple of quotes I liked. Although for myself I would replace Behan's beer with wine. I only like a stout beer in the summer with fish and chips.
"I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer." Brendan Behan.
"People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy." Anton Checkov

4 Comments:
Oh I think Spring does cheer one up no matter what mood one is in!
Maybe because we tend to not have very warm weather and we are always hoping for a good summer at this time of the year.
That lake draining looks interesting. I wonder how long it will take to fill again!
Maggie x
Nuts in May
It might take awhile this year Maggie. The snow has left the hills already so unless it rains it may be a little low all summer. We see many critters herein the summer though, deer, herons, coyotes, foxes, many ducks, and fishermen.
Celia...that quote at the bottom might be one of the best quotes I've ever read in my life!
I can tell that spring is coming because the local deer here are already shedding their winter fur.
I really like both quotes, but like our Optimist - I agree that it is a splendid quote!
and now I am hungry for Fish and Chips!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home