My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

What's Your Favorite Meal?


My favorite meal is breakfast.  In fact I like breakfast for dinner too.  This morning I cooked up my morning standby, oatmeal with raisins.  And half and half.  I'm supposed to be watching my weight and I'm doing okay but I'm keeping my half and half and butter.  Yesterday was a bad hair day and a bad food day.  I'm still on prednisone from the aftermath of the flu, nearly two weeks of it and it's given me the nibblies.  Not for broccoli and salads.  A three egg omelet for breakfast.  For crackers and cheese, that was lunch, for ice cream with chocolate chips in it, in the morning.  Sour dough muffins with any kind of cheese on them, cheddar, Laughing Cow, shredded string cheese, all day.   Carbs and fat.  So I tossed the ice cream, in the outside trash where it would melt and become irretrievable and went to the grocery.  I didn't replace the cheese or crackers; did all my shopping away from the "center aisles" where all the goodies were beckoning me.  Bought broccoli, cauliflower, a little fish, and oranges.  Piffle.  I think I will stick to breakfast, I have lots of good recipes and a freezer filled with strawberries, blueberries, and peaches.  Oh, and overripe bananas.  I think I will make banana bread and muffins. low sugar, no salt, and have plain yogurt with blueberries and banana bread for breakfast tomorrow.  Mmm.  Hopefully I won't eat a whole loaf of banana bread for lunch.


4 Comments:

Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal. Now I am in the mood for a three egg omelette :)

March 10, 2013 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Oh dear, some medications do that to you. Unfortunately, this is happening to my husband, too.

Breakfast is good.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

March 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

Oh, my....No longer can I eat all those wonderful things. No half and half...which is wonderful on any cereal. Little sugar, no eggs, no good stuff at all yet the weight only comes off .2 at a time. LOL

I like a simple dinner. A tiny filet or a bit of swordfish, salad, veggies, and something chocolate. :)

March 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

you could hava smoothie with your banana...but you know- when I have been ill sometimes I just have to eat what sounds good..and thanks for your nice comments Have a great rest of your week!Hope you are 100% soon!

March 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home