My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, March 4, 2013

While heating my rice filled pad to comfort my flu plugged up lungs my microwave gave out.  It seemed like a good time to try out my recovery sea legs and find another.  There in the Sunday sale pages was a gorgeous red Kenmore microwave,  a little bigger and fancier than my no clock, no bells and whistle $30 long-lived cheapie.  It was the color that got me.  And it was even better in the store.  What has happened to me that I'm so thrilled with a red appliance?  Anyhoo, the clerk put it in my car, and my son came over and put it in place.  Turns out I'm still a little wobbly and couldn't get it into house on my own.  Now I'm thinking maybe I need to paint the refrigerator red.  Just need tape and appliance paint.  I do have mostly white wallpaper in my kitchen with red tulips on it.  Hmm?  Retro kitchen.  Something to match the retro cook.  Maybe it's all the spring like sunshine outside.  Hope your Monday is sunny too.
 
 
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

A red microwave...I like it!!

March 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

Red is my favorite color! Maybe you should just tape and paint a big red tulip on your fridge?
Have a good week- hope you feel better soon!

March 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Peruby said...

Wow! Love it. Paint the fridge! Paint the fridge! I also like Kathe W's idea about the red tulip.

The red tulip is one of my favorite flowers.

Now, what color are your cupboards?

March 6, 2013 at 3:45 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Oh, I am in love. I bet they have blue one for me. Just delightful. Get red towels to start. :)

March 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home